On June 7, at the Four Seasons Toronto, the 2016 Toronto CIO Executive Leadership Summit will be held by HMG Strategy, LLC. One of the main focusses at this event will be the future role of the CIO in reshaping the business as blockchain technology continues to transform the way IT is used by companies and the relationship between user and provider.
Hunter Muller, HMG Strategy’s President and CEO, who will be speaking, commented: “Blockchain is top of mind in the financial services industry, but it also has broad implications for healthcare, media, and other sectors. The CIO can play a critical role in remodelling the business and leading the enterprise into the digital future.”
Don Tapscott, Digital Strategist and CEO of The Tapscott Group, will deliver the keynote presentation, discussing how blockchain technology will transform financial services, government, music and other industries whilst holding profound implications for IT strategy, architecture and leadership. The afternoon will include an Executive Interview of Rob McEwen, Chairman and Chief Owner of McEwen Mining Inc. and Founder, former Chairman and CEO of Goldcorp Inc.
Other significant topics at the Toronto conference will include the dynamic mind-set needed by a CIO to lead and drive innovation, the required components for strategic leadership in a world of accelerated change, digital interviews with Silicon Valley thought leaders who will share insights about emerging technologies CIOs should be aware of, future trends that will impact the enterprise and the future role of the digital technology executive.
Besides Muller and Tapscott there are already a number of confirmed speakers participating at the Toronto summit, including:
– Scott Bohannon, CEO, Info-Tech Research Group
– Brian Chan, VP, Information Technology, Corporate Services Group, Avnet
– Roman Coba, CIO, Emera
– Susan Doniz, Executive Director, DIACC
– Matt Dussling, AVP, Capriza
– Roger Favero, SVP IT, OMERS
– Raymond Gilbert, Managing Partner, Causal Effects, Inc.
– Steve Heck, Global IT Director, Microsoft Canada
– Naveen Kumar, VP, Consulting Services, Info-Tech Research Group
– Jonathan Landon, Global IT – CTO, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
– Maurizio Laudisa, CIO, Superior Propane
– John Mealia, Senior Client Partner, Korn Ferry
– Lisa Porlier, Managing Director, Technology Sector Leader, Russell Reynolds Associates
– Dave Revell, SVP & CIO, Retail & Business Banking, CIBC
– Alex Tapscott, CEO and Founder, Northwest Passage Ventures
– Bob Tapscott, Management Consultant, The Tapscott Group
– Jonathan Ward, President, Ward Technology Talent
Strategic partners for the summit will include Capriza, Info-Tech Research Group, DHR, Egon Zehnder, Heidrick & Struggles, and Korn Ferry.