Yesterday, Bas Wisselink, a Board Member at NXT Foundation, wrote about why he believes the NXT blockchain is a simpler solution for the multitude of projects that are being released on the bitcoin blockchain and picked out a few of his favourites.
Wisselink is of the opinion that many of the projects would be much easier to do on the NXT blockchain, purely because it does not need an extra layer on top of the blockchain. He states that a lot of functionality, like authentication, account security, Proof of Existence, and multiple ways of trading etc. are already built in to the NXT blockchain, which allows greater ease of use.
Highlighting ones that are using the NXT blockchain, Wisselink suggested five companies and initiatives to keep a close watch on in the upcoming year. These included:
1. Document tracing, verification and security solution developer, Open Trade Docs from DeBuNe.
2. Free notary bot provider, Scriba.
3. DeBuNe’s notifile.me, which uses the blockchain to facilitate versioning of files.
4. Supernet, which trades all its assets in NXT and seeks to become a collaborative community of cryptocurrency projects.
5. MultiGateWay project, which allows users to move crypto-currencies in and out of the NXT Asset Exchange, ofering decentralized trading with no trading fees.
In addition to these projects, Wisselink also noted a number of tools that were being developed on the NXT platform, which included:
1. Freebird, which uses the NXT Messaging System to create a decentralised version of Twitter.
2. Proof-of-Existence application Datum, which acts as Factom without the added layer and is based on the NXT Data Cloud feature.
3. Bonus Games, site has some very simple, quickly codes games, with payout in a currency that is made in the NXT Monetary System.