Keynote at Block Chain Conference Announced as IBM Speaker
The Block Chain Conference, which will take place at the Mission Bay Conference Centre in the UCSF Mission Bay Campus, San Francisco, has revealed that the keynote presentation will be delivered by IBM. The conference, which is themed as “Doing Business with Blockchains, Distributed Ledgers and Smart Contracts”, the discussion will be focussing on blockchain and distributed ledger approaches and their potential to underpin business applications across a variety of vertical markets. It will take place on Wednesday February 10th 2016.
Conference Chair, Peter Harris stated: “A key mission of The Block Chain Conference is to educate business innovators and technology architects from companies deploying enterprise IT of the potential benefits and challenges of leveraging blockchains, distributed ledgers and smart contracts,”
Although the full conference program will not be published until January, it has been revealed that Global Blockchain Offering Director at IBM, John Wolpert, will present the keynote, with additional presentations and panels including:
– A Business Introduction to Blockchains – presented by Spencer Bogart of Needham & Co.
– The Evolution of Trust – presented by Alec Wilkins of Overstock.com
– An Ownership Layer for the Internet – presented by Bruce Pon of Ascribe
– Why Most Fortune 500 Companies Will Use Blockchains – presented by the leadership team at Tendermint
– A Focus on Blockchains For a New Wall Street – including contributions from Celent, Blockchain Clearing Corp. and the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance
– A Focus on the Ethereum Platform and Applications – curated by ConsenSys.
– How BlockChains are Disrupting Global Payments – with Gil Luria of Wedbush Securities and Cheryl Gurz from The Bancorp.
In addition to the presentation, Dustin Byington, Co-Founder & President of Tendermint, said: “We’ll also be publicly demonstrating our Enterprise Blockchain Platform for the first time,”
The Block Chain Conference is being produced by Lighthouse Partners, a business and technology consulting firm advising on positioning of innovative enterprise technologies. Early bird registration for the conference is open at www.theblockchainconference.com. The early bird rate ($395) will apply through December 31st, 2015. Sponsorships are still being accepted.