Initiated by Roger Ver, (AKA Bitcoin Jesus), bitcoin.com forums will be hosting the largest ever bitcoin AMA. Many influential professionals who work with bitcoin are scheduled to participate to answer questions about bitcoin and their work put to them by the public.
Some of the names due to contribute include:
- Patrick Byrne CEO and chairman of Overstock
- Andreas M. Antonopoulos, technologist, serial entrepreneur and bitcoin writer
- Gavin Andresen, chief scientist at the Bitcoin Foundation
- Erik Voorhees, creator and CEO of Shapeshift.io
- Dan Moorhead, founder and CEO of Pantera Bitcoin
- Wences Casares, founder and CEO of XAPO
- Jeremy Allaire, founder and CEO of Circle
- Stephen Pair, co-founder, CEO and former CTO of Bitpay
Although scheduled to begin on the 2nd of November and continue through the month, the AMA forum has already hosted one discussion. Charlie Shrem, a bitcoin pioneer who is currently in federal prison in the U.S., began to answer questions on topics such as books he had read and what he planned to do when released (as well as some less serious questions) before he had to discontinue responding.
Registration can be carried out on the forums and Bitcoin.com has also announced that it will be donating 4BTC (approximately $1165 current value) to a charity, chosen by whoever receives and answers most questions in their thread.